We are seeking a part-time Social Media Specialist position. This position is a part-time, remote role. The Social Media Specialist will assist in social response for our English language channels. This position will write, edit and distribute content for web, email and social. This position will also help manage editorial calendars and other key planning, process and organizational documents while working with the Digital Content and Social Manager to ensure projects align with the company business strategy, brand standards, editorial practices and processes. This position will be remote. The headquarters is based in Plano, Texas.
About Global Media Outreach
Global Media Outreach (GMO) is a nonprofit ministry that leverages technology to invite all people to know Jesus Christ as Savior and grow in a personal relationship with Him. To witness our vision in action, visit globalmediaoutreach.com. Visit two of our English ministry brands, which actively share the message of Jesus, at GodLife.com and ExploreGod.com.
- Agreement to sign the organization’s Statement of Faith and abide by biblical principles
- Ability to work across teams and cross-culturally
- Strong organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change
- Manage social media response for the company’s English brands on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Schedule monthly social content in Brandwatch
- Create social content (copy and media) for multiple social platforms and brands
- Proficient in Canva
- Beginner-level social CRM experience
- Write, edit, and distribute content for web and social
- Contribute to creative team brainstorms
- Assist with the creation of process and organizational documents
- Experience using photo editing software (Adobe Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Excellent design skills
- Provide writing and social content creation work samples
- Experience creating and monitoring Facebook and Instagram ads
To apply, please send your resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.