Giving in all kinds of ways to share Jesus
Thank you for considering a gift to Global Media Outreach! There are many options to help share Jesus with the world through Global Media Outreach. Whether you give a cash gift or non-cash gift, these funds will be used to share the gospel all over the world. Many non-cash gifts provide extra tax incentives and savings for you when given to a non-profit organization. When your non-cash gift is given directly to Global Media Outreach, your charitable deduction will be for the full fair market value of the gift at the time of the transfer and you will also avoid paying capital gains tax.
Benefits of Non-Cash Giving
- Eliminate capital gains taxes
- Increase charitable deductions
- Lower estate taxes
- Enables you to make a potentially greater impact in sharing Jesus and the gospel all over the world
Transfer Shares Electronically
It is very important to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org when the transfer has been completed, or call us at 972-975-9444.
We will need to know the number of shares, the name of the security, the purpose of the gift, and your name and address. We need this information to properly acknowledge your gift because an electronic transfer of shares does not include a notification of who the shares are from. Instruct your broker to transfer your shares from your account to Global Media Outreach. Sample Transfer Instruction Letter.
IRA Rollover Option
President Obama and Congress Have Extended Tax Cuts for Two More Years.
Reinstatement of the exclusion for direct charitable IRA distributions
Prior to enactment of this legislation, this special exclusion expired as of December 31, 2009. The new law not only reinstates the exclusion for 2010 through 2012, it also permits IRA holders who make qualifying distributions from their IRAs to charity in January of 2011 to treat the distribution as if it were made in 2010. Below is a description of how the exclusion works. Gifts need to be transferred by January 31, 2011 for crediting in 2010. Consult your tax advisor or IRA custodian. For assistance, call us at 972-975-9444 and ask for Janis. Or if you prefer, you can email us at email@example.com.
The following limitations apply:
- The donor must be age 70 1/2 or older
- The cap on annual IRA rollovers is $100,000
- The contribution must be a direct gift to a charity (no planned gifts)
- Click here for more IRA Rollover information.
Giving a Certificate
- You may deliver your stock certificate to your broker in order to have a new certificate issued in the name of Global Media Outreach. Our tax identification number is 84-1720344. This certificate can then be mailed to us without endorsement.
- You may endorse a stock certificate to Global Media Outreach, by printing and completing the Stock Power Form and the Security Waiver Form.
- Mail the paperwork to:
Global Media Outreach
7160 Dallas Parkway, Suite 200
Plano, TX 75024
Most mutual funds require us to have an account with them in order to receive your shares. Please contact us at 972-975-9444 so that we can provide the information needed for your transfer.