Global Media Outreach
Job Description – Donor Relations Specialist
The Donor Relations Specialist will be responsible for supporting fundraising activities of the development department, including making thank you calls, writing notes, letters, and emails to various donors, responding to queries from donors, maintaining appropriate donor files, data entry and report management in donor database, and support for regional development reps as required. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer. It is currently a 32-hour/week position located at our headquarters in Plano, TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage donor personal communications, nurturing new and first-time donors through written and phone communications, including prayer for donors
- Maintain donor database, log conversations with donors, manage donor gift acknowledgment and appropriate donor appreciation
- Qualify donors for higher capacity and develop lead management for regional development reps through monitoring donation trends
- Assist with communication and relationship management with partners, sponsors, staff, and donors
- Support Regional Development Reps as required for projects, campaigns, exhibits, and initiatives related to fundraising and development
- Manage Sustainer Giving Program (The Journey) working with marketing on promotional campaigns and manage sustainer database and communications
- Participate in and contribute to Bi-Monthly Development Team Meetings
- May require some light administrative duties for the Chief Development Officer at times
- Understand the evangelism and follow-up process through Online Missionaries used by Global Media Outreach in order to answer questions from donors and articulate ministry vision and needs
- Have a pleasant phone demeanor and ability to make calls in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up skills
- A good listener and thoughtful communicator who enjoys building relationships through phone conversations, prayer with donors and written communication
- The ability to work effectively and collaborate with a wide variety of people, including volunteers, donors, and business professionals
- Excellent social skills including the ability to relate in a positive manner with all cultures and socioeconomic audiences
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards, reflects an optimistic and positive attitude, and conveys sensitivity to the needs of donors, partners and volunteers
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business or Marketing
Employees are expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance, and conduct as outlined in the Global Media Outreach employee handbook. All employees are required to sign Global Media Outreach’s Statement of Faith.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume. In your email, include at least one paragraph about yourself and another stating why you are interested in working for Global Media Outreach.
Back to: Careers