Global Media Outreach
Job Description – Donor Development Representative
Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Global Media Outreach uses multiple mobile and Internet technologies to share the gospel with hundreds of millions of people worldwide and help new believers grow in their faith. Our vision is to give everyone on earth multiple opportunities to know Jesus Christ. We have been sharing the gospel online since 2004 and have over 3,000 Online Missionaries responding to new believers and seekers.
Under the general direction of the CDO, the Donor Development Representative is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from current and prospective high net‐worth individuals through identification, cultivation and solicitation. The focus of this position will be to maintain and deepen relationships with new and existing individuals, and to articulate our mission, vision and strategy in support of our goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships and apply a Moves Management approach with a custom cultivation strategy for each donor.
- Establish a strategic and systematic approach for engaging portfolio of relationships, developing personal giving and inspiring to become advocates to their network.
- Strategically engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits and peer-to-peer events.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors. Ask good questions, seeking to understand their reasons for giving and what they support.
- Maintain donor database, log conversations with donors, manage donor gift acknowledgments and appropriate levels of donor appreciation.
- Work collaboratively within the Development team to share ideas, successes and problem solve.
- Participate in and contribute to bi-monthly Development Team Meetings.
- 3-5 years previous experience in nonprofit Relational Donor Development.
- Excellent social skills including the ability to relate in a positive manner with all cultures and socio-economic audiences.
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards, reflects an optimistic and positive attitude, and conveys sensitivity to the needs of donors, staff, partners and volunteers.
- A good listener and thoughtful communicator who enjoys building relationships through events, visits, phone conversations, prayer with donors and written communication.
- Highly organized with excellent follow up skills.
- Understand the evangelism and follow-up process for Online Missionaries used by Global Media Outreach in order to answer questions from donors and articulate ministry vision and needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar donor database.
- Ability to maintain a home office and travel up to 50%.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business or Marketing
Employees are expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance and conduct as outlined in the Global Media Outreach employee handbook. All employees are required to sign the Global Media Outreach Statement of Faith.
Send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your resume. In your email, include at least one paragraph about yourself and another stating why you are interested in working for Global Media Outreach.
Back to: Careers